STATEMENT OF FAITH, VISION & MISSION
This Statement of Faith forms the foundation of our ministry. The Vision & Mission of CSB define our Calling.
Christian Service Brigade presents our Statement of Faith.
It is common to most evangelical churches. It is very similar to the Statement of Faith of the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada. It describes the biblical basis to what we believe.
All our staff and board members subscribe to it. Churches partnering with CSB are asked to affirm it. Its truths are found in our resources and training.
CHRISTIAN SERVICE BRIGADE STATEMENT OF FAITH
…in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writing, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
…in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
…that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Father, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
…that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and are sinners in thought, word and deed.
…that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in him are justified on the ground of his shed blood.
…in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in his ascension into heaven, and in his present life there for us, as High Priest and Advocate.
…in the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
…that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby become children of God.
…in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
THE VISION OF CHRISTIAN SERVICE BRIGADE
To see … godly men who serve, lead and disciple each generation
- CSB is committed to:
- Encouraging men in their relationship with Jesus Christ
- Equipping men to disciple boys in understanding who they are as created uniquely by God
- Engaging men to model for young men the character and values and roles of a godly man.
- The success of what we do in partnership with local churches is totally dependent on engaging, encouraging and equipping men who are passionate and committed to ministering in the lives of boys.
- Service, leadership and discipleship must be modeled by godly men in order for boys to understand and embrace these character qualities.
- Encouraging men in effective discipleship is a core purpose for our ministry. Many men are stepping away from the church and their responsibility of discipleship rather than striving for something they do not feel comfortable with. CSB has the experience and resources to help meet this challenge!
- Leaving a legacy is at the heart of who we are and what we do. Through building relationships, and modeling Christ-like values and character, men have opportunity to impact boys in today’s and tomorrow’s generations – for God’s glory!
II Timothy 2:2, Proverbs 22:6, Luke 2:52
THE MISSION OF CHRISTIAN SERVICE BRIGADE
Building godly men of today and tomorrow
- The men of today are the men who now serve, or are ready to serve, Christ by leading boys. We exist to build up these men in Christ.
- The men of tomorrow are the young men and boys of today. We exist to build up these young men and boys in Christ.
- The phrase “…godly men of today and tomorrow” speaks to a central purpose of equipping boys to be the godly men of tomorrow – able to serve, lead and disciple in family, church and community!
- We accomplish our mission by:
- Training, equipping and encouraging men for ministry, in general, and ministry to young men and boys, specifically.
- Empowering men to use their own gifts, talents and experience to teach the truth of God’s Word with insight and enthusiasm.
- Encouraging young men and boys to grow in Christ-likeness through relationships with godly men, through Bible-related activities that are exciting and relevant to them, through applying Scripture to daily life, through opportunities to serve Christ together, and through memorizing God’s Word.
- Providing materials that give men a practical, fun and dynamic way to disciple young men and boys for Christ so that they develop mentally, physically, socially and spiritually.
- Fostering the skill of fathering through mutual father/son experiences.
II Timothy 2:2, Proverbs 22:6, Luke 2:52
FOR A PROGRAM OVERVIEW, please click on the button below:
TO JUMP TO A SPECIFIC PROGRAM, please select the program button below:
TO CONTACT US, please click on the button below:
1000 Stormont Street Ottawa
ON K2C 0M9